Closing Date: 28 September 2021
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
The main purpose of this position is to plan and supervise the day-to-day security operations of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Head Office operational security personnel, including the building projects at these facilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Manage the facilities’ protection function at Head Office.
· Conduct thorough inspection rounds and other security measures to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
· Monitor the implementation of, and compliance with, applicable policies and procedures.
· Conduct workplace assessments.
· Manage the firearms of the shift.
· Ensure that operational security staff members comply with and are fit for deployment.
· Manage the performance and development of team members.
· Provide administrative support to the management structure of the Security Operations Division at Head Office or the cash center.
· Provide management information for the purposes of decision-making.
· Proactively broaden knowledge of own functional area, displaying a willingness to make improvements in the unit (including methods and practices).
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
· a Diploma in Security Management or an equivalent NQF6 qualification;
· five years’ experience in a national key point facility protection environment;
· two years’ experience in facility operational security supervision, including security systems, procedures and personnel;
· sound knowledge and understanding of a national key point security environment, emergency and incident management, control room operations and key control as well as relevant legislation;
· a level of medical, physical and psychological fitness that is commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position; and
· a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade B certificate.
Additional requirements include:
· ability to manage a work team on a sound business and security footing, and lead and direct a work team in carrying out prescribed duties;
· ability to use initiative and function effectively and calmly in an emergency situation;
· proficiency in English;
· computer literacy and conversant in the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including the electronic mail (email) system;
· ability to be constantly vigilant, alert and resourceful;
· ability to work shifts;
· security management training and experience;
· national key point training;
· competence in handling firearms (9 mm pistol, semi-automatic rifle and shotgun);
· a favourable security clearance; and
· a valid Code 8 driver’s licence.
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za .
· All the available vacancies will be visible.
· Please follow these links: WORK@SARB > Current vacancies .
Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); or
Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
· Select the ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu).
· Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualification(s) with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 28 September 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department
South African Reserve Bank