The main purpose of this position is to drive the distribution vehicles allocated to the Distribution Unit of the South African Reserve Bank during high-value asset transportation operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Drive the distribution of heavy-duty vehicles under instruction en route to a specific destination within the Republic.· Clean the distribution vehicles daily, weekly and after every trip and ensure they are operation ready· Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of all the Unit’s vehicles and report all glitches to the team leader.· Attend all scheduled training interventions and ensure continuous compliance status· Plan and organise self to ensure that work allocated is completed within a set time, guidelines and defined standards (including risk and threat analysis)· Operate two-way radio according to prescripts and master radio use language· Engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to provide optimal distribution services· Provide information relating to distribution services to management for decision-making purposes· Provide ad hoc depot duties as and when required and perform duties as required by operational circumstances.· Proactively broaden knowledge of own functional area, displaying a willingness to make improvements in the Unit (including methods and practices).
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
· a Grade 12 certificate/NQF Level 4 qualification;· two to five years’ experience in a High-Risk Asset Transportation environment;· a valid EC1 driver’s licence with a professional driving permit (PDP);· a level of medical, physical and psychological fitness that commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position;· a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade C certificate; and· a favorable secret security clearance.
Additional requirements include:
· Attention to Detail· Planning & Organising· Problem solving and Analysis· Effective Communication· Service and Stakeholder Focus· Integrity· Time management· Stress Tolerance· Professionalism and discipline· Resilience to work long haul hours with little or no breaks and sitting in confined spaces for long periods· Willingness to start and finish work at awkward/unconventional times.
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za .
· All the available vacancies will be visible.· Please follow these links: WORK @ SARB > Current vacancies .· Login:
Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); or
Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here .
· Select the ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu).
· Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualification(s) with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 27 September 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah MolomoSenior Manager: Recruitment and SelectionHuman Resources DepartmentSouth African Reserve Bank