Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Clerk General, to be based at Bentley Park, near Carletonville, Gauteng. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Clerk.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role, preferably within a mining environment
- Relationship management experience with employees in a typical mining environment, dealing with queries relating to salary information
- Conflict management experience with semi-skilled employees would be an added advantage
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Provide effective clerical assistance to the Snr Clerk on site
- Provide assistance for activities relating to the recruitment process
- Assist in organising work permits, termination of employees, leave / status control forms etc.
- Assist with employee induction regarding basic administrative activities
- Assist employees with resolving HR related queries
- Assist with daily / monthly labour reports, time & attendance reports, monitoring of employee clocking, work permits and medical expiry dates
- Update employee data e.g. passport numbers etc.
- Process administrative activities relating to employee claims / benefits
- Update and maintain the filing system
- Effective self-management in alignment with M&RC’s values
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant Office Administrator / Clerical related certificate or similar
- Proficient in MS Office [Word, Outlook & Excel]
- Proficient at typing
- Good written and verbal commutation skills in English
How To Apply
Closing Date: 18 May 2021
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.