Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Slab Driver to maintain constant supply of pulp to PM1 and PM2.
This role reports into the Shift Superintendent.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Check vehicles as per check list at the start of a shift
- Report and record any vehicle faults
- Supply correct grade of noodle to designated hoppers to feed pulpers
- Maintain pulp levels in hoppers
- Feed loose broke onto swing conveyor to supply either #2 or #3 pulper
- Remove excess broke from pulper area, and transporting it to waste plant for use
- Prevent foreign objects from entering the hoppers and causing damage to screw feeders
- Collect pulp rolls from slab to be fed into pulper
- Remove pulp rolls stacks in designated areas on slab
- Assist with loading newsprint conveyor if required
- Load and offload pulp rolls from trucks
- Collect pulp units for use on newsprint pulper
- Remove the wires that bind the units of bales before placing them on the storage conveyor
- Load bales on the storage conveyor
- Operates the bale loader, cat loader and fork lift
- Identify, communicate and mitigate any identified risks
- Feed logs from day storage to Groundwood plant
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 with Maths and Physical Science/N3 Pulp and Paper
- 3 months experience in the paper section
Closing date: 15 March 2021
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.