Closing Date: 31 January 2021
Location: Various Locations
No of Positions: 3
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
The appointee should:
- Be in possession of a National Diploma in Security Risk Management or Law enforcement qualification.
- Have a valid Grade A registration with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA)) or the ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- Have a valid code EB driver’s license.
- Be in possession of a learner achievement certificate relevant to all three firearms Basic Firearm; Business Purpose; Regulation 21) and be in possession of a firearm competency certificate issued by the SAPS as per the new Firearm Control Act, Act 60 of 2000.
- Demonstrate sound communication skills in English (verbal and written) and be a self-assured well-disciplined individual with proven analytical skills
- Have sound knowledge of the Criminal Procedure Act, Act 51 of 1977 and the Mine Health and Safety Act, Act 29 of 1996.
- Have a working knowledge of the Firearm Control Act, Act 60 of 2000 , the Explosive Act, Act 15 of 2003, the Precious Metals Act, Act 37 of 2005 and the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (MPRDA), Act 28 of 2002.
- Be able to perform duties on a shift rotation basis – morning shift, day shift, afternoon shift and night shift.
- Be aware that he/she will be subject to periodical and random polygraph examinations, and be expected to achieve a No Deception outcome.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determine by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Gold Occupational Health Centre.
- Actively participating in managing current protection infrastructure, architecture, and protocols, and in designing cost effective appropriate security solutions to ensure optimal protection in his/her sector of responsibility.
- Ensuring that the Protection Services operational tactics are executed in a sector, zone and operation and ensures that all required activities are performed during a shift.
- Managing human capital and other resources in a flexible manner to ensure a timely and effective response to changes in the security situation, vulnerabilities and threats in his/her sector, zone or Operation, during his/her shift.
- Actively ensuring that on-the-job training is carried out, and remains accountable to ensure that employees in his/her shift attend scheduled training and development courses.
- Managing all other resources and appropriately resources all security processes to ensure that the required activities are performed effectively during the shift and ensures that all incidents or events have been responded to, and /or carried over to the next shift.
- Actively ensuring that Company/Client policy, as well as security policies, procedures, standard operating procedures, and post orders are executed and/or complied with.
- Actively identifying and developing security procedures and/or post orders found to be lacking, redundant or outdated in terms of the required activities that need to be performed, and in terms of the changing security situation, vulnerabilities, and threats.
- Taking responsibility for all technology issues in his/her sector while on shift.
Interested parties should complete and submit the standard job application form using the link below:
HR Contact Person : Nomie Komani
Recruitment Person : Vanessa Cleven
Recruiter’s contact number : 014 495 2563
NB: Kindly note that the HR personnel at the operations should assist internal applicants to apply should they need assistance.