Job Title : 3 X General Workers
Position Status : Temporary
Salary : R 350 per day
Period : 3 Months
Location : Pretoria Office
Reporting Line : Manager: GIS & Scientific Databases
Overall Job Purpose : The role will assist with the clean-up of the Library and Bookshop storage areas.
- Move boxes packed with library books to temporary storage.
- Unpack and move map cabinets to storage.
- Disassemble and move empty library book stands to storage.
- Disassemble and move empty library book shelves to storage.
- Move old library furniture to storage.
- Assist with cleaning shelves in the library extension.
- Clean and sort map and publication store.
- Move map rolls with scanned maps to storage.
- Move access maps to storage.
- Move excess stationery and general map material to storage.
- Disassemble and move empty map cabinets and storage racks to storage.
- Move old furniture to storage.
- And any other ad-hoc duties.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to operate cleaning machinery and equipments
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, methods and procedures
- Grade 10
- Cleaning and Housekeeping Skills
- Basic literacy (ability to read and write)
- Basic numeracy (ability to count)
- Reliable and hardworking
The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to email@example.com Please quote the position title (General Workers)
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
All shortlisted candidates will be vetted. Appointments are subject to positive vetting results.
Closing Date: 27 January 2021