Closing date: 3 February 2021
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
This Vacancy is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing
demand by tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to
acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic
qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to provide work-based training for
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Legal and Contracts Department has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
The details are as follows:
- Department: Office of the City Manager
Branch: Group Legal and Contracts Department
Designation: Intern (Paralegal)
Salary Range: R8 329.29 pm (cost to company, basic salary, no benefits)
- Appointment Requirements:
Diploma, Paralegal or Legal Assistance (NQF level 6 qualification);
Attention to detail, logical reasoning, sound judgement, writing and analytical ability skills;
Confirmation letter from institution;
Must be able to work extended hours as and when required;
Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
- Primary Function: Render comprehensive paralegal; assistance to the Group Legal & Contracts Department of the City related to the preparation and filing of documents and undertaking research.
- Key Learning Areas: Providing paralegal and administrative support to the department as well as Municipal Entities.
Leading Competencies: Work independently. Work under pressure. Accountable and be able to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
Core Competencies: Must form part of a multi-disciplinary team. Good Interpersonal and Communication skills and be able to work with the group. Coordination, Problem analysis and Problem-Solving skills required and Batho Pele Principles.
- Contact Person: Vuyo Mazamisa
- Tel No: (011) 407 6452
- Workplace: Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein.
- All applications will be through the website using this link:
- https://zfrmz.com/ycOPZvayS10A7ESoMeno Or visit www.joburg.org.za and click on Vacancies.