Closing Date: 20 December 2020
Location: Empangeni, KwaZulu-Natal
The above position is vacant in Empangeni , reporting to the Manager. The overall purpose of this position is Cash processing in the FCIT environment including taking up client deposits, process them, reconcile and credit client bank accounts
- Matric Certificate or equivalent.
- Clear criminal record.
- Preferably a formal banking qualification or course with reference to cash processing teller
- Computer literacy within the MS Windows environment.
- Be prepared to work irregular hours and work night shift.
- Own transport essential
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive):
- Conduct a proper, accurate and efficient count / teller function
- Verification of Customer Deposits (Cash & Other)
- Accuracy of client information
- Prepare and pack payrolls / floats
- Bulking of cash for clearance to treasury
- Daily balancing of cash
- Accuracy of all work undertaken
- Handwriting to be neat and tidy
- Cash not to be left unattended (i.e. Lunch hours)
- Ensure that all procedures are followed regarding Cash Processing operations.
- Deposit processing.
- Differences in customer deposits (Call on supervisor for double check).
- Report to Supervisor if no client deposit slip / documentation received with the deposit.
- Processing of payrolls/floats.
- Correct handling and use of currency counting equipment.
- Customer reconciliation.
- Undertake other cash related duties as directed by the Count House Supervisor / Cash Processing Supervisor and / or Branch Manager.
- Assist in Treasury area.
- Statistical information gathering.
- Responsible for controlled stationary in position
Other personality attributes:
- Good interaction skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good interaction skills
- Portray a professional image.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Good writing & reporting skills.
- Excellent time management.
Interested candidates whose credentials best match the requirements can submit their CV’s before close of business on the 20 December 2020 to: KathleenK@fidelity-services.com
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Disabled Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Security Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.