Closing date: 06 December 2020
Location: Rustenburg, North West
As an important member of this team, some of your duties will include:
- Conduct allocated patrols or checkpoint duties
- Patrol on foot or vehicle as applicable and respond to alarms and take appropriate action
- Gather information that could support risk management
- Monitor performance and enforce access controls
- Identify and report all irregularities
- Participate in required meetings including safety, health, environment in initiatives
- To arrest all transgressors within the law
- Attend disciplinary inquiries as a witness/complainant
This role is in the Security -Protection Services Department at a B2 level reporting to the Senior Patrolperson.
In order to be successful in this position, your qualifications will include:
- Grade 12 / Matric Certificate
- PSIRA Grade C
- Firearm Competency
Experience as a patrolperson or equivalent will be an advantage
- Good communication skills in English
- Valid driving licence code 08
- If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Certification, criminal check as well as a polygraph and psychometric assessment for firearm users.
- This role will include shift work
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
If you are unable to apply online, please apply using our Cell Phone Application process by dialling*134*20025#
from your mobile phone
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.