Closing Date: 09 December, 2020
Location: Centurion, South Africa
The Kumba Iron Ore YES initiative is looking for qualified graduates who reside in and around the JTG District area (Gamagara, Gasegonyane and Tsantsabane municipality).
To participate in the YES initiative and be placed at either Sishen Mine or Kolomela Mine in the Finance and Supply Chain Management discipline, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages 18 to 35 years old
- Completed Bachelor’s degree/National Diploma in Supply Chain, Finance, Financial Management or Business Studies
- Medical examination is mandatory asper company procedure
- Willing to work on a 12 month contract
- Willing to work in a mining environment
- Candidates have to currently reside within the specified municipal areas of Tsantsabane, Gamagara , Joe Morolong, Ga Segonyana , Kgatelopele and Griekwastad Municipal areas in the Northern Cape.
- Company will not provide accommodation or transport therefore candidates are to make own arrangement
- Work experience will not be required as the opportunity is focused on individuals who do not have any experience
- Candidates will not receive any additional benefits other than the monthly stipend.
What we offer
- A stipend/allowance per month, for duration of programme
- Free training and experiential learning
- Personal Protective Equipment
Who we are
We are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to applications from the designated group defined in terms of Employment Equity.