Closing Date : 04 December 2020
Forestry – Grootgeluk
No Experience Required
Sappi Forests MPU is providing an opportunity for a recently qualified Civil Engineering candidates to participate in the management and maintenance of building structures and infrastructure, such as roads, railways, bridges, dams and water and sewerage systems. This opportunity will provide hands on experience to a recently qualified graduate in all aspects of civil maintenance in the Forestry Industry.
This role reports in to the Area Manager -Technical MPU
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assist with d esigning solutions to problems by evaluating (not limited to) technical and financial alternatives and present the proposed solutions.
- Implementation of approved solutions.
- Manages a roads management system and databasis for the asset management, planning and cost benefit analysis of the roads network
- Controls all aspects of construction projects i.e. expenditure, project and contractor management, quality control and soil testing
- Produces technical documentation for road and civil engineering projects , handle tenders and prepare contracts with Civil Engineering Contractors. Both for capital and maintenance projects and other civil engineering projects such as dams and airstrips
- Data capture and management
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification and
- BSc or BEng in Civil Engineering
- No experience required
- Computer skills, proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Driver’s license
Craig Graham Fraser
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.