Location: 5 Mark Strasse Civic Centre (Richards Bay) Richards Bay Civic Center
Pay Rate: R 193 170,48 – R 241 243,20 per annum
Enforce road safety and traffic regulations including by-laws;
Control and direct traffic on roadways, at intersections, accidents, school points, funeral escorts and other purposes;
• Serve summonses on offenders or execute the warrants of arrest;
• Co-ordinate specific functions associated with public safety, traffic control, law enforcement and free flow of traffic;
• Monitor local area and act on situations deemed inappropriate.
Minimum Requirements qualification of Matric or Grade 12 or equivalent
• A basic Traffic Officers Diploma (issued by an approved Traffic Training Centre);
• A driving license for a manual transmission vehicle ( At least a Code B)
• Medical certificate as proof that the candidate is fit to undergo any strenuous exercises;
• Proof of registration as an authorised officer (Registration Certificate with infrastructure number from the National Department of Transport/RTMC);
• 2-3 years’ experience as a Traffic Officer.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
• Eligibility to obtain a competency certificate for appointment as a Peace Officer;
• Eligibility to obtain a firearm competency certificate;
• Successful candidates must comply with competency and registration requirements for authorised officers under the National Road Traffic Act 93 of 1996;
• Candidates must be able to drive a motor vehicle and will therefore be subjected to a driving evaluation/assessment.
• Candidates accept that they will from time to time be required to work overtime (involuntary overtime work).
NB! Appointment is subject to meeting the essential requirements and the special conditions applicable to the post.
Closing Date: Friday, 20th November 2020
Download Application Form
Click Here To Apply