Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
The SA Metal Projects requires a Code 14 Driver who will be responsible for driving a code 14 truck. Tasks include, amongst others:
- Responsible for the vehicle.
- Day to day inspection of the vehicle and to report all faults.
- Loading and off-loading various material and equipment, including dangerous goods items
- Ensure adherence to the Road Traffic Act
- Ensure the safety of other road users
- Abide by the regulations as set out in Occupational Health and Safety Act, company policies and the regulations of the road.
- Navigate your way around Gauteng area.
- A minimum Grade 12 certificate
- Valid, unendorsed Code 14 license with valid PDP
- 3 years driving experience
- Hands on and practical approach to the job
- Haschem (Dangerous Goods) certificate.
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Time management and organisational skills
- Display a professional work approach
- Excellent state of health
- Prepared to work overtime and weekends when needed
SA Metal Group is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company, and proudly turned 100 years old in 2019. The Group purchases and processes all forms of ferrous metals (steel and others) and non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper and others) from industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals. Our processing facilities are located in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria and Secunda. More information can be found on our website, www.sametal.co.za