Closing Date: 16 October 2020
Institution: Directorate: Engineering and Technical Services
(Metro East District Maintenance Hub, Lentegeur Hospital)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Appropriate experience as a handyman within a Government Department.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence with zero restriction.
- Must be prepared to work overtime and do standby duties.
- Must be physically able to perform duties required.
- Ability to function independently, plan ahead (pro-active) and work in a team.
- Ability to adhere to safety standards.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist with repairs and installation of projects, emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain and repair of plant equipment.
- Assist in preventive maintenance procedures, such as; autoclave, steam generators, water tanks, chlorifiers and standby generators.
- Basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, welding, repairs and installations.
- Assist with the control and requisitioning of material and parts.
- Strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Note: A practical test may be conducted during the interview process. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Plainsman/Tygerburger 30/09/2020, PSVC 30/2020)
|Applications To||The Director: People Practices and Administration
Department of Health, PO Box 2060
Cape Town, 8000.(For the Attention: Ms C Dawood)
|Enquiries||Mr OJ Buys
Tel: (021) 370-1119