Are you a creative, organized individual with good negotiation & presentation skills who has a desire to grow into a buying role?
We are hiring Trainee Buyers within our Apparel, Home and Sport retailers for 2021
Your purpose as a Trainee Buyer is to learn the merchant processes and develop key knowledge and skills to manage a designated portfolio.
- Apply your learning of the knowledge and skills by demonstrating awareness of the factors which influence the way we perform in current trade, manage opportunities and risks considering the impact of competitors on our business.
- Sample Management entails managing your dept. samples from Fits, through to Pre-Production samples (PPS’s) ensuring accurate records are maintained
- Learn on the job how to create a seasonal strategy and assortment building
- The seasonal strategy entails working with Planner to plan the product assortment, spend allocation, supplier plan, and marketing focus for the season, to achieve the company’s goals
- Assortment building is preparing and presenting a well-considered product assortment according to the seasonal strategy
- Ensure orders are captured on the system in time to ensure our buying path process is adhered to
- A completed Diploma/Degree in Interior or Fashion Design, Textile Design, Clothing Management, Consumer Science
- A year’s experience in clothing / textile manufacturing is advantageous
- Appetite for learning, eye for fashion
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.