Closing date: 28 September 2020
Who are we?
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
Are you interested to start your professional career with the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa? Santam have exciting Learnership opportunities available in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
At Santam it is our desire to have as many young unemployed individuals as possible take up on this opportunity. This will present us with a valuable challenge of contributing to investing in our youth as the future of our economy and the country, in the best way we know how – Insurance Good and Proper. So please, spread the word, take up on this development opportunity and put Santam to the test!
- South African citizen
- Between the ages of 18 – 28
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate with:
- Minimum pass mark of 40% for English and a Second Language
- Minimum pass mark of 40% for Mathematics or minimum pass mark of 60% for Mathematics Literacy
- Applicants must not be studying with any other institutions while on the Learnership
- Applicants must not have been on a Short -Term Insurance Learnership through INSETA
- Persons with a disability must produce a medical note confirming the nature of the disability
- Applicants must not have more than 1 year work experience
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers. The closing date is 28 September 2020
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.