Closing date 21 September 2020
– South Africa — Johannesburg Metro — Johannesburg
The Gauteng Provincial Legislature is one of nine (Provincial Legislatures) in the country. The powers of provincial legislatures are prescribed under Section 114(1) and (2) of the South African Constitution. The Gauteng Provincial Legislature is therefore empowered by the Constitution to make laws for Gauteng, oversee the work of the Provincial Government, and ensure that the people of the Province particulate in matters of the running of their Province. The Legislature has an Administration staff complement, which gives operational support to work of Members of the Provincial Legislature (MPLs)”.
To gain workplace experience in the Finance Department
The Gauteng Provincial (GPL) Internship programme is a 24-month fixed term contract which provides workplace experience. It allows one to gain valuable work experience and provides the intern with an opportunity to obtain an understanding of the GPL, its values and work ethic. The applicants need to have completed at least their undergraduate degree or degree equivalent by the end of 2019.
The objective of the GPL Internship Programme is to assist graduates and people with qualifications to obtain workplace experience and the GPL to contribute to the up skilling of individuals as per the Skills Development Act.
Time management • Interpersonal skills • Communication skills • Planning & Organising
Degree, Commerce, Public Finance and Administration, or Commerce related Commercial disciplines.
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside in Gauteng;
- Must have no previous criminal convictions or cases pending;
- Applicant must be between the age of 18-35;
- Applicants must be unemployed, never employed in field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme;
- It’s the applicants responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA);
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three positions that is most suitable to your qualification and complete separate application forms for each post reference number;
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates
NB: The Gauteng Provincial Legislature is committed to the achievement and maintenance of employment equity and diversity especially in respect of race, gender and disability. People with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. Appointment will be made subject to completion of background/reference checks. Potential candidates for the post will be subjected to security vetting and screening by State Security Agency, and appointment to the post will be determined by positive results from such screening and vetting. The Provincial Secretary of Gauteng Legislature reserves the right to approve or decline the appointment.