Closing Date: 07 September, 2020
Location: Rustenburg, South Africa
As a valuable member of this close knit, diverse team, you will provide engineering technical service to a surface area. You will maintain, install and commission the machinery and equipment in your area of responsibility.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
To be successful in this role your responsibilities will include:
- Attend and conduct Safety meetings
- Attending to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Ensuring that material, spares and equipment are available as required
- Execute projects and update Job Cards
- Scheduling and identifying resources for allocated work
- Staff supervision, coaching and training and development for team
Your experience will include:
- Working experience with pipes, structures, columns and walkways etc
- Working at Heights
- Risk Assessment Procedures
- Tool inspections
This role is in the Engineering Department at a C2 level reporting to the Foreman Boilermaker.
You will need the following:
- Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
- Anglo American recognized Boilermaker Trade Certificate
- Valid Code 08 drivers licence
You would ideally have completed your apprenticeship in the mining / petrochemical industry.
- Standby and overtime will be required as necessary
- English literacy – speak, read and write
- If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
- Your own vehicle would be an advantage
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.