Closing Date: 2020/09/01
An opportunity has become available for a high caliber Driver for fuel delivery operations to distribute fuel to various clients. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further information.
• NQF level 2 or 3 Literacy level (Verbal and Numerical)
• Code EC driver’s license with valid PrDP (DGP)
• 3 years experience driving a Ultra Heavy Vehicle
• Must have experience transporting dangerous goods
• Must be 25 years of age and above
• Must be prepared to work weekends and public holidays
• Defensive driving techniques
• Function and location of vehicle components
• National Road Traffic Act (i.e. operating a vehicle)
• Reporting procedure of emergencies and defects
• Vehicle inspections and operating a fire extinguisher
• Maximizing vehicle cost-effectiveness and efficiency
• Vehicle loading techniques
• Prepare vehicle for trip and operate Ultra heavy duty vehicles.
• Load, Transport and offloading of vehicles.
• Handle required documentation and perform ancillary duties
• All other reasonable instructions from Supervisor
• Prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
• Safe driving record and clean criminal record
• Housekeeping of vehicles, uniform and PPE
• Adhere to promote SOP’s and Safety Procedures Successfully undergo / complete the following:
• Medical evaluation
• USCS training modules
• Induction processes
• Practical driving evaluation
• Verification of clean criminal record
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.