Purpose of the Job
To maintain an effective flow of the blood donor clinic by:
- Assisting in carrying clinic equipment to and from venues
- Assisting with the assembly of the clinic.
- Interacting with the donors.
- Preparing the donor for donation.
- Monitoring the donor during the donation.
- Ending the bleeding process
- Dealing with adverse reactions
- Transport staff and equipment safely to and from clinics
- Matric Certificate
- A Code EC1 or EC driver’s licence without endorsements and a valid PrDP
- Willingness to relocate to George area
- The working hours are variable and shift work is required with some weekend work and call-outs.
A combination of the following skills, knowledge and attributes is required:
- Well spoken, well groomed with good communication skills
- Possess excellent customer service skills and able to deal with the public
- Accuracy in data collection
- Have a friendly disposition and a willingness to “go the extra mile”
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Previous experience in a customer service environment is required
- Previous driving experience is essential
- Computer skills
Western Cape Blood Service is an equal opportunity employer. Kindly visit our website, www.wcbs.org.za and follow the links to apply.
Please note that no emails or hand delivered application will be accepted
Should you not receive feedback within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please consider this as unsuccessful.