Closing Date 21 August 2020
The driver will be responsible for driving heavy motor vehicles to and from different destinations to collect and deliver animal feed, raw materials, goods and services as per instructions whilst ensuring efficient turn-around times and adhering to applicable legislation.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 equivalent
- Code 14 (EC Driver’s License) with PDP
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the agriculture industry will be advantageous
- Good client interaction skills with both internal/ external customers
- A willingness to work overtime, incl. Saturdays and Sundays, when required.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled deliveries and collections to and from designated locations as instructed by management.
- Strict adherence to commercial driving regulations while driving on public roads.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections on vehicle according to company policy.
- Ensure goods are secured correctly before departure and vehicle seals/ locks are not tampered with upon arrival at destination.
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient.
- Ensure accurate and detailed completion of logbooks and other delivery documents.
- Adherence to loading and offloading procedures at company and client premises.
- Ensure that vehicle is kept clean and maintained as per schedule at all times.
- Understanding and compliance with relevant Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Quality requirements within the work environment.
- Any other duties as may be required by management.
- Ability to interact with clients in a respectful, helpful and responsive manner.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to record, analyse and report information (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently when the role requires.
The company can expire jobs at any time at our own discretion. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.