Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Sales Intern – 12 Month Internship
Responsible for supporting sales initiatives in account set. Identifies leads, develops and tracks opportunities from identification to close. May work with Partners. Identifies up-selling and cross-selling opportunities and qualifies additional sources of revenue. Ensures alignment with overall sales strategy. Monitors, measures and communicates progress against stated goals. Develops and sells the optimum business and technical solutions to qualified opportunities within their specified territories.
• Preparing quotes – assisting Account Managers with budgetary quotes, support ISV quoting, assist with partners requiring help on quoting.
• Understand the customer’s needs and requirements.
• Ensure that all proposals are followed up.
• Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate Account Manager for further development and closure.
• Close sales process and achieve quarterly quotas.
• Research accounts and develop new opportunities.
• Update and maintain customer database (Siebel, salesforce.com)
• Cooperate with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
• Create Special Pricing Requests (SPR) when needed.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• University degree (IT, Computer science, Business, Marketing) with some working experience
• Willingness to grow into Sales roles in the future
• Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate at all levels of an organization
• Strong sales and telephone skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Very good computer skills, particularly: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively