Closing Date: 14 July 2020
Forestry – Clan
Community Services Officer ( HRL 15U )
Sappi Forests requires 2 Community Services Officers for KZN Midlands t o facilitate relationships with communities bordering Sappi operations and those involved in the Khulisa programme in order to project true company values, maintain good relations and chanel company CSI towards sustainable community development and shared value creation
The main responsibility of this job are:-
- Assist operational management with stakeholder relations and enable stakeholder relations capacity
- Develop sound community relations with communities within which Sappi operates, exposing them to the Sappi value chain for better understanding of the forestry business, ABCD thinking and the Stop and Think Before you Act (STBA) culture.
- Identify and meet community leaders and traditional authorities in communities that border Sappi plantations and ensure ongoing two-way communication on issues of common interest as indicated in the Stakeholder Engagement Strategy.
- Work with the Abashintshi programme to facilitate and support community development
- Facilitate Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) philosophy for shared value in all communities (Own and Khulisa) in which Sappi operates.
- Advise communities and implement community development and/or welfare projects.
- Map out community assets.
- Establish Community Social Investment Plans for identified priority communities including proposing roll out plan and budget
- Coordinate activities and ensure sound relations with business partners engaged by Sappi to support development initiatives at any time in response to Sappi’s impact and shared value driven CSI strategy as well as ensure continuous monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Assist and attend to different structures that exist in Sappi communities including CPFs, Community Forums, Honey Harvesters & Cattle Keepers, on issues of risk for the identified key risk factors (fire, seedling theft, timber theft, cattle damage, sand mining) as detailed in the Stakeholder Engagement Strategy.
- Engage communities with high EML as advised via current operational risk strategy
- Support the Khulisa programme by providing social facilitation expertise to existing and expansion projects
- Liaise with teams and providing capacity support on social, community and institutional issues as well as perceptions of Sappi as communicated to Foresters.
- Support through training on the establishment and implementation of appropriate conflict resolution mechanisms and protocols
The ideal candidate must have:-
- National Diploma in a related community relations or rural development field
- A Bachelor’s Degree will be advantageous
- Min 3 years relevant experience
- Good rural development and project management focus experience advantageous
- Driver’s licence (Code EB)
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.