CLOSING DATE: 09 June 2020.
The incumbent is expected to deliver a complete administrative and secretarial function to the Department of Systematic and Historical Theology, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Performing office management, secretarial, general and financial administration duties;
- Handling student queries and academic related matters;
- Taking responsibility for the central copier in Faculty;
- Updating the lecturers diaries;
- Maintaining records of lecturers’ class schedules/lecturing timetables, and module allocation;
- Maintaining staff personnel files;
- Providing updated and new information to Faculty webmaster;
- Organising departmental events;
- Facilitating the approval of postgraduate requests for extensions of studies, leave of absence and international registration confirmation
- Arranging inaugural events according to known protocol;
- Reporting and following up on maintenance request and cleaning of lecturers’ offices;
- Taking responsibility for financial task (claims, advances, reports and requisitions);
- Maintaining assets records;
- Maintaining records of postgraduate student administration requirements;
- Three-year Diploma in relevant field;
- Three years’ relevant experience, in administration which includes:
- Office administration;
- Financial administration;
- Secretarial work.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Advanced knowledge of secretarial tasks, administration and financial systems;
- Advanced level of computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including graphic representation, etc.);
- Time management and prioritisation skills;
- Appropriate language and writing skills;
- Service orientated;
- Knowledge of applicable protocols and policy’s;
- Ability to adhere to due dates and to function under pressure;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Organisational ability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
• Experience within a tertiary or academic environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 68.75% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Khosi Manana, Tel: (012) 420 3126 for application-related enquiries, and Daleen Kotze, Tel: (012) 420 2348 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 August 2020 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.