CLOSING DATE: 29 May 2020
Learning Areas: The intern will be capacitated to perform the following functions: Provide, establish and maintain
legal services and compliance with the organisation
● Providing legal advice to the municipality, management of contract and service level agreements, risk and compliance, chairing of disciplinary hearings, drafting of items to Council and committees
● The full scope of duties will be communicated on commencement of employment.
Requirements: LLB Degree or Equivalent
● Code B Drivers Licence
● Fluent in two of the three official languages
of the Western Cape
● Computer Literate in MS Word / Outlook
● Attention to detail
● Administration skills
.Protocol and business ethics
● Good communication and negotiation skills
● Good research ability
● Able to handle conflict
● Able to work under pressure
● Time management.
Remuneration: R 72 000.00 per annum all inclusive packages (Provincial Funding).
Duration: One (1) year fixed term internship contract.
CLOSING DATE: 29 May 2020 @ 12h00
ENQUIRIES: Mr. H. Witbooi, Tel (027) 482 8000
– Applications must be submitted on an official application form
• To apply, forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with APPLICATION FOR VACANCY in the subject field
• Application forms are available from the municipal offices and the municipal website: www.cederbergmunicipality.co.za and must be completed in the applicants own handwriting
• Applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV with certified copies of qualifications (Not older than three months) and other relevant documents
• No applications received via fax or email will be considered
• Applications without the above will not be considered
• The Cederberg Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment
•Candidates will be subjected to reference checks
• Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify an applicant
• Direct or indirect canvassing with councillors or officials for preferential treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant
• Correspondence regarding the advertised position will be limited to shortlisted candidates • Do not send original documentation
• No CV’s or application documents will be returned to candidates for any reason. If you are not invited for an interview within 60 days, you may deem your application to be unsuccessful. Indicate clearly the vacancy you are applying for
• should there be any errors or omissions on this advert; the relevant job description, grading and or municipal policies will supersede such error or omission
• It is important that applicants must have a South African revenue services (SARS) registration number. Failure to provide a SARS number will disqualify your application.
NO CRIMINAL RECORD (IMPORTANT – VALID SAPS CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE OR PROOF OF APPLICATION OF
CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION – APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A VALID POLICE
CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE NOT OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW – APPLICANTS WHO DOES NOT PROVIDE THE VALID CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE
ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER