Closing Date: 2020/06/02
The successful incumbent will be responsible for driving heavy vehicles and other vehicles in accordance with operating instructions and safe work procedures as enforced by the supervisor.
• Grade 10 or equivalent.
• Code EC1 driver’s licence with the ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 driver test.
• 2 years operating experience in driving heavy vehicles and ability to operate truck mounted crane.
• Must be in possession of a public driver’s permit.
• Delivery and collecting of equipment and materials.
• Assist with loading and offloading of garden and domestic refuse on a daily/weekly basis.
• Inspection of vehicles and cleaning of vehicles.
• Reporting of all incidents and defects to Supervisor.
• Safe loading/unloading/tying and stacking
• Safe working procedures.
• Correct balancing and positioning of material loaded.
• Job planning
• Driving of heavy vehicles.
• Pleasant personality (deals with public sector and other sites)
• Good communication skills.
• Truck mounted crane operation
• Customer service orientation.
• Team player.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and/ or people with disabilities to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity objectives.