Closing date: 27.05.2020.
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is on 27.05.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to ASANDA.LUPOKO@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Port Elizabeth MPT
Position Title : Service Driver
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Location : Port Elizabeth
Reporting To : Operations Manager
Grade Level : HRLYK2
Reference Number : 2003850
To load, unload , convey and stack cargo within the Terminal through the operation of various cargo handling equipment in compliance with the applicable standard operating procedure in order to optimise cargo operations.
1. Perform daily task on allocated machine prior to commencement of work in order to ensure operational integrity of
2. Complete daily task sheets, record equipment defects and advise supervisor of defects.
3. Replenish fuel and fluid levels of equipment
4. Operate allocated equipment in accordance with applicable standard operating procedure and monitor equipment
performance during performance of the job.
5. Report accidents or incidents which occur during performance of duty.
6. Ensure correct equipment / attachments are utilised during the performance of duties and change equipment as required
to handle changing commodities.
7.Perform end of shift task.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Code (B Licence)
- Certificate of competence for forklift (> 7 Ton)
- 1 year.
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report an suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.