Peromnes Grade: Subject to finalisation of Job Evaluation
Location: Head Office (Pretoria)
Reporting Line: Manager: Protection Services
Overall Job Purpose: The incumbent will render security services at the National Key Points declared site, through protection, safeguarding, and access control with regard to buildings, other premises, and their contents according to the prescribed security procedures, rules and regulations.
Security operations and processes
- Determine whether the visitors have appointments or the service that the visitor requires.
- Contact the relevant employee to confirm the appointment or direct the visitor to the relevant service delivery point.
- Complete or ensure the admission control register is completed and issue admission control documents/or cards as required.
- Escort visitors to the relevant employees or venues where and when required.
- Operate X-ray machines where applicable.
- Lock and unlock entrances.
- Identify suspicious conduct.
- Ensure that unauthorised persons and dangerous goods do not enter the premises/buildings.
- Follow-up on incidents and record on incident register.
Safety and security
- Ensure that equipment, documents and stores do not leave or enter the premises or building unauthorised. This will include the following:
- Complete or ensure that the registers to control the movement of equipment, store and documents are completed; and
- Ensure that no equipment, stores and assets of the CGS leave the building/premises unauthorised.
- Inspect vehicles entering and leaving the premises.
- Gather information and reporting missing and stolen equipment and stores.
- Handle documents at point of entry according to classification and the prescripts.
- Undertake building/premises patrols to identify and check –
- That doors are locked or unlock as required;
- Water leaks and taps are closed;
- Fire hazards, exposed electrical contacts and other fire hazards emanating from for instance chemicals;
- Lights, switch off and off as required; and
- Suspicious objects and packages.
- Apply emergency procedures in line with the emergency evacuation policy and procedure.
- Responding to alarms (fire, panic, burglar alarms) and any other emergency alarms activated.
- Assist with security patrol during special events and provide record of incidents during special events.
- Ensure that all incidents are recorded in the occurrence books/registers.
- Ensure that all reported threats are investigated and reports submitted accordingly.
Stakeholder Relations and Reporting
- Attend to all security enquiries, threats and investigations from various stakeholders within the CGS.
Learning and Development
- Keep abreast with latest developments in the safety and security field.
- Ensure implementation of the Individual Development plan as agreed.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 three years’ experience as a Security Officer.
- Knowledge of access control procedures
- Knowledge of measures for the control and movement of equipment and stores
- Knowledge of security procedures and the authority of the security officers in terms of various legislations and regulations.
- Knowledge of the relevant emergency procedures
- Basic literacy (ability to read and write
- Security inspection and patrolling
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Relevant PSIRA Grade C
- Valid Fire-arm competency certificate
The CGS is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the CGS Employment Plan, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply. If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote the position title as reference when submitting your applications.
Correspondence will only be entered into with the shortlisted candidates.
The CGS reserves the right to not make appointment
All appointments are subject to vetting processes.
Closing Date: 30 April, 2020