Closing date: 8 May 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the above position in the School of Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences located in the Faculty of Science. The successful candidate will report to the Head of School and will provide financial and administrative support and strategic financial advice to the School of Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences.
- A degree/diploma in accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Five years administrative experience in an accounting environment at a higher education institution.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Adept at using Excel.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP System will be an added advantage.
- Responsible for the procurement function in the School and the preparation of the payment requests and payroll claims, ensuring appropriate authorisations, support and documentations in compliance with University Policies.
- Accountable for day to day management of supplier interactions, including sourcing quotes, ordering and tracking of deliveries in the School.
- Accountable for reconciliation of the school fleet card and staff credit cards.
- Generate cash flow monthly statements for vehicle and field trip expenditure, and other expenditures as required by the Head of School.
- Accountable for fixed asset verification in the School in compliance with University
- Fixed Assets Policies and Procedures, including implementation of door lists and accurate recording of information in asset register.
- Accountable for overseeing financial processes, procedures and controls in an efficient, effective and professional manner in compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Any other tasks or activities which fall within the general functioning of the School as determined by the Head of School and the School Finance Officer.
- Supervise others involved with finance in the School
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.