Closing Date: 3 April 2020
Salary: R 102 534 per annum
Institution: Victoria Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Cleaning experience within a hospital environment.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends, night duty and overtime.
- Ability to do physical work.
- Willingness to undergo formal and Informal training.
- Knowledge of Infection Control and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Good interpersonal skills with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team, as well as the public.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to operate machines or equipment in a cost-effective manner.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provide a clean, hygienic environment within the institution.
- Effective and safe handling and storage of equipment.
- Serving of meals and beverages to patients on ward level.
- Cost effective utilisation of consumables or resources.
- Promotion of Quality assurance, Infection Control and Occupational Health and Safety within the Department.
- Effective waste and linen management.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
|Applications To||Chief Executive Officer, Victoria Hospital
Private Bag X2,
(Attention: Ms Z Peter)