Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Join Ecolab’s team as Supply Chain Finance Controller in Johannesburg, South Africa and help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier. We’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resources.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments.
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth.
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best.
What You Will Do:
Costing: Pertains to all activities related to product costing and supporting the Supply Chain team in managing any future or existing Plant & Warehouse inventories as well as any related Capital Expenditures.
- To review and set annual standard costs, to validate the site absorption and activity price calculation during the budget process, to monitor the actual costs evolution during the year, to provide the performance on a detailed monthly variance analysis (COGS + all variances), supported by value-added and actions driven commentary.
- To challenge and decide the slow-moving / obsolete stocks and assess the adequacy of provision required with the local SC management team.
- To be involved in all Capex requests related to the manufacturing / storage sites, including budget control and financial analysis for major purchases or projects.
Controlling & Reporting:
- Pertains to the support rendered to the FP&A community in relation to the monthly reporting.
- To ensure timely completion of all period-end closing activities related to costing and plant/warehouse activities, which would include the review of the Supply chain expenses, and ensure that all major expenditures have been booked or provided for.
- Generate the monthly reporting to control the plant, warehouse and logistics performance providing relevant variance analysis and evolution trends.
- To assist in internal and external audits.
- To be the “single point of contact” for SC management team in providing the necessary business support required in all aspects of supply chain related activities.
- This position will also play a critical role in the Budget and forecasting processes that will need to be defined and implemented.
- To provide relevant and timely analysis of the supply chain actual performance and provide the relevant recommendations to achieve operational and cost efficiency at the plant/warehouse & commercial organization.
- To identify cost reductions / productivity improvements / product costing accuracy improvement opportunities.
- To drive the implementation and to communicate all corporate plant policies and procedures.
- To set up monthly meetings with the SC Manager to discuss on the plant and logistics performance (financial & operational), identify the risks & issues, and put in place relevant action plans / tracking mechanisms to manage these risks & issues.
- To ensure involvement in the monthly Forecasting meeting with the SC / Commercial team to understand the implications of the demand, sales, production and inventory decisions taken at the meeting impacting the future performance of the operations.
- To become the key point of contact for all supply chain finance topics during ongoing or new M&A activities in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any related qualification
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft office required, iScala, SAP, SYSPRO or similar advanced ERP systems experience beneficial
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of a manufacturing environment and standard cost systems.
- Position requires working and developing solutions while remaining a member of an international global business.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5+ years of similar position experience (plant controlling, logistics controlling, costing, Planning and Analysis) in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent ability to communicate in written and spoken English.
- Audit experience is an advantage
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.