Closing Date: 27 March 2020
Salary: R 102 534 per annum
Institution: Alexandra Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in a stores environment.
- Appropriate experience in packaging and delivery of stock and stocktaking.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Incumbent must be healthy and strong enough to lift heavy objects and be on their feet the entire day.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Deliver stock to wards, departments, theatres, clinics and administration building.
- Ensure issue vouchers are returned to relevant clerk to capture, file and issue on the Logis system.
- Assist clerk with receiving, packing, unpacking, storage and issuing of stock according to standards.
- Safe keeping of equipment and stock (consumables and inventory) in the stores as well as receive goods delivered by the suppliers and check the condition.
- Assist to ensure effective Stock Control procedures are maintained and enforced.
- Assist clerk with stock take and general duties e.g. keep the store neat, tidy and clean in order to comply with safety regulations.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Tygerburger 11/3/2020, PSVC 10/2020)
|Applications To||The Chief Executive Officer:
Private Bag X1
(For the Attention: Ms C Moodley)