- Ensure packing machines are correctly allocated and utilised to meet production requirements – change over bag-maker and Ishida when required and ensure sufficient materials are available for production requirements.
- Ensure required efficiencies are maintained.
- Identify areas of waste and inefficiency within the production process and suggest remedies to improve yield and efficiencies.
- Minimise film waste.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained by monitoring and informing engineering and by carrying out minor repairs on packaging equipment.
- Ensure that quality control audits are carried out and relevant reports completed.
- Maintain good housekeeping and food safety standards in order to ensure AIB, CRP and Safety compliance.
- Maintain safety standards through safe operating practices in order to avoid accidents and ensure a safe working environment.
- Uphold and maintain ISO 14001 conformance by actively supporting the site Environmental Management System in order to obtain certification.
- Carry out IPS systems procedures.
- Assist with boil out procedures.
- Ensure line balancing at all times.
- Assist in fault-finding and problem solving activities within the context and complexity of the manufacturing process in order to ensure maximum uptime and line efficiency.
· Grade 12 or equivalent· Related tertiary qualification· Literate, numerate and confident in the use of panel view computer screens.· Working knowledge and understanding of all control systems, including PLC’s.· IPS· Knowledge of quality control specifications and techniques Information systems: ability to track information and understand line efficiencies and the factors that influence this.