Closing Date: 2020/02/14
Lactalis South Africa is part of the French international dairy company Lactalis and is one of the major players in the Southern African dairy industry. The purpose of this job is to ensure the most accurate forecast to support the business targets. It has operations in South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Swaziland and Mozambique. This exciting career opportunity at Lactalis SA will enable you to apply your business acumen to ensure that the company achieves its challenging objectives during the next phase of its growth in South Africa. The available position is that of a Picker-Packer at the Bonnievale Plant, Lactalis SA.
Duties & Responsibilities
This individual is mainly responsible to ensure the following:
• Responsible for the actual preparation of loads as per the orders.
• Taking pick slips from production and packing areas.
• Picking out goods that are requested by production and packing areas.
• Ensuring that the goods and packed properly and has the right quantities and product.
• Ensuring that goods are dispatched on time.
• Making sure that all the goods are stocked in an organized manner so as to save time and increase ease of work according to FIFO.
• Maintain records of availability of goods.
• Work with different departments to ensure that the warehouse does not run out of goods.
• Keep track of stocks received from various sources.
• Involved in weekly and monthly stocktakes.
• Ensure high quality of work done.
• Highlighting any quality issues of stock whilst preparing the loads.
• The correct stock is loaded.
• Stock keeping, cycle counts & cleaning and organising
• Ensure that all damage cartons are exchanged on a daily basis.
• Inspect pallet for any problems before putting into racks or loading.
• Ensure daily housekeeping.
• Safe working procedures.
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year experience in the manufacturing environment
• Person must not be afraid of heights
• Must be physically strong and fit
• Must be prepared to work shifts, weekends, long hours and Public Holidays
• To be accurate and have a sharp sense of punctuality
• To be reliable, trustworthy, pro-active and energetic
• To be a team player