Closing Date: 28 February 2020
Institution: Knysna/Bitou Primary Health Care (Stationed at Knysna Town Clinic) (Garden Route District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate Hospital and or other Health Facility cleaning experience.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to rotate to different health facilities
- Ability to work with heavy duty household/cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of infection control and safety procedures of a hospital environment.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Render an effective, efficient and safe hygiene service in the Health Facility.
- Correct handling and disposal of waste, medical waste and soiled linen.
- Responsible for cleaning duties in Health Facilities, refuse handling and maintenance of general neatness and hygiene in the area.
- Render assistance to the supervisor with general housekeeping duties such as control of cleaning and household equipment, care and control of linen and record keeping.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
|Applications To||District Manager; Garden Route District Office
Private Bag x6592
(Attention: Ms S Pienaar)