Closing date for applications: 19 February 2020
Laboratory Assistant (Scale C)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill equires a Laboratory Assistant to take samples throughout the Mill every hour.
This role reports to the Shift Supervisor.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Accurate sampling on an hourly basis at various points in various plants.
- Preparation of in-process and final pulp samples for analytical testing.
- Operation of Laboratory instrumentation.
- Credible data generation and reporting using the Laboratory Information System software program.
- Compliance with all ISO methods for the tests performed.
- Analysis of final product to declare production in terms of oven dry tons.
- Analysis and reporting of special samples requested by the plant.
- Communication with production personnel with regards to safety problems in the plant.
- Accountable for the correct use of PPE, housekeeping and general safety applicable to sampling and tests performed.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric with Maths and Physical Science/ N3 Pulp and Paper
- Chemistry/ Lab related qualification will be advantageous
- Laboratory/Pulp and Paper industry experience will be an advantage
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.