Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has an exciting opportunity in our Engineering department. We are looking for talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Handyman that will be based in Nigel. The successful candidate will report directly to Team Leader : Site. The key purpose of this role is to maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair site related equipment proactively including building maintenance, painting and general repairs as per maintenance schedules.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Key Output :
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools and reassemble equipment.
• Perform Routine Preventative maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and the physical conditions of building does not deteriorate.
• Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches
• Maintain ablution facilities
• Assemble, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment.
• Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodworks, plaster drywall and other parts of building structures.
• Repair counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures such as sheds and outbuildings.
Key Attributes & Competencies :
• Equipment Maintenance – perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Repairing – repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
• Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
• Good understanding of plumbing systems and repairs.
• Active Listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Equipment Selections – Planning a critical part of task execution with correct tools.
• Reading Comprehension – understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Operation Monitoring – watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure equipment is working properly.
• Coordination – adjusting actions in relation to other’s action.
Skills, Experience & Education
Qualifications / Experience :
• A trade qualification (e.g. carpentry, painting, building, and plumbing) will be advantageous.
• A minimum of two years proven experience as a tiller, painter, plumber or carpenter and from construction background.
• Oral communication in English.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Use of hand and power tools.
• Drivers licence
Closing Date: 2020/02/06