Closing Date: 2020/01/27
We are looking for an innovative Food Safety Officer to provide technical expertise, and to assist with the development and review of formulations for current and future products. The Food Safety Officer will collaborate with project teams to create new products from conceptualization to commercialization. The Food Safety Officer will unleash brand potential, and evolve and improve nutritional quality, flavor and texture of food products. The Food Safety Officer will assist the company to stay on the forefront of new developments and product innovations. To be successful in this role, you should interpret and apply scientific findings to food, know how to translate findings into innovative products, and understand how to translate business objectives into clear project goals. Top candidates will be team players, be passionate about product development and have a healthy dose of enthusiasm.
• Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field
• Minimum 3 years Experience
• Computer literate
• Knowledge in: ISO9001, ISO22000, FSSC 22000
• Must be Audit Qualified
• Ability to read and interpret ingredients declarations/COA’s/MSDS
• Good understanding of legislative requirements for ingredients, materials and packaging
• Formal Auditor training and proven experience
• Experience in SQA administration
• Good understanding of allergen management
• Good understanding of traceability systems
• Good understand of Food Safety Management Systems HACCP, TACCP and VACCP
• Ability to use internal and external sources to make technical scientific advances
• Proven ability of working in a laboratory
• Knowledge and understanding of data science
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willing to travel overnight, and to work night and weekend shifts for special projects.
Key performance areas:
• Supplier Audits (Closing out of GAP analysis will be required)
• Implementation of ISO 9001 for: Procurement, R&D, Raw Material Procurement and Logistics.
• Writing of SOP’s
• Involved with Scoring of suppliers pre-tender
• Involved with Maintaining supplier SQAs
• Support implementation of procurement System
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Researching new cost-reducing manufacturing processes that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• Communicating with relevant parties regarding food quality and safety concerns.
• Utilizing formulation software to create and update formulations.
• Working on new products from conceptualization to launch.
• Arranging and shipping sales samples.
• Updating product information sheets for sales preparation and updated labels.
• Recording, analysing and summarizing research data.
• Coordinating independent laboratory testing.
• Updating and maintaining MRP system.
• Adhering to GMP and other safety regulations.
• Performing other duties assigned by leader.