Closing Date: 2020/01/24
Job Advert Summary
We have a great opportunity at Unitrans as a Client Services Officer (Estimates) to handle all the Imports and Exports – air, sea and freight – clearing and forwarding. Please view full job spec for any further details. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further information.
• Knowledge of INCO terms • Knowledge of IMCO codes and Hazchem • Knowledge of Customs Clearing, duties and VAT • Knowledge of Imports and Exports – air and sea freight – clearing and forwarding • Knowledge of insurance and claiming when cargo is damaged • Knowledge of Shipshape • Knowledge of security for both air and sea freight • Trade Agreements • 5 years experrience
Duties & Responsibilities
We need someone that can fo the following: • Imports – air and sea • Exports – air and sea • overborder
• Receive, Analyse and Complete estimates, tenders, proposals to existing and new clients and overseas agents • Responsible for all new and existing customer estimate requests for sea and air freight imports/exports as well as breakbulk and out of gauge requests • Gathering of origin charges, forwarding rates, clearing rates • Consulting with new or existing customers, internal departments, overseas agents and service providers and to gather further information to complete estimates • Sourcing rates from transporters for general cargo, break bulk cargo and bulk cargo • Sourcing of new suppliers • Screening and verifying credit terms of new suppliers • Sourcing rates from ports, stevedores, transporters, warehouses and carriers
• Develop, implement, maintain and drive client facing reports in systems. • Keep clients advised throughout the estimate process
Sales and Marketing
• Sales and marketing of products and services available
Define all compliance issues for shippers for each country and assist shippers to be compliant • Source compliance requirements from the relevant countries • Liaise with the necessary ministries, custom authorities, buyers, client representatives and bureau of standards • Liaise with inspection companies • Monitor that compliance issues are met with advise where changes need to be made • Advise clients of clearing and forwarding procedures • Advise clients on customs clearing procedures • Source all SADC compliance requirements from suppliers • Maintain and file all compliance requirements from suppliers • Source compliance requirements from each country for exporting purposes • Liaise with oversee agents on all compliance requirements for all different categories relating to that country’s Import Rules • Report all compliance issues to Commercial Manager • Assist with training and implementation of CRM system • Develop and implement customer retention strategies • Assist withProblem solving of in-house issues with clients / key accounts and operations.
• Assist in updating new and existing client SOP’s and processes. • Assist in the design, improvement and implementation of client facing processes including all sales processes. • Assist in improving the business processes surrounding the reporting, particularly the report request processes