Closing Date: Tuesday, 14 January 2020
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and energized Creditor’s Clerk to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
Primary Position Purpose
To perform the function of Creditors Clerk and to contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilise strong accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success.
With a minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounts payable environment, the key responsibilities are a full accounts payable function including:
• Receiving and processing of new Supplier Applications & Registrations including maintenance of BEE records.
• Validating supplier invoice details.
• Preparing all weekly and monthly recons for payment.
• Daily capturing of supplier invoices on e-financials and submitting for review.
• Electronic filing of all supplier invoices in a specific folder. Hard copies (per supplier) filed in payment sequence with order, voucher, statement, recon and proof of payment.
• Applying all payments, filing proof of payment / forwarding proof of payment as and when requested
• Maintaining Accounts Payable Record Storage/Filing
• Attending to enquiries on supplier statements.
• Following up with suppliers and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Submitting Purchase Order Recon on a weekly basis.
• Reconciliation of all pay cards.
• Preparing accruals for Admin and Project expenses at month end.
• Other duties that might arise.
• Admin and finance filing.
Key Performance Indicators
• Strong attention to detail
• Time management skills
• Effective problem solving
• Must be honest and trustworthy
• Be respectful
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Be flexible
• Outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated and confident.
Recommended Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
• Minimum qualification is a Matric certificate
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an accounts payable environment
• Financial system currently used is BST. Proficiency and sound knowledge of package of modules as stated would be an added advantage
• Microsoft Word and Excel intermediate level skills
• Detail oriented ability to show initiative and take responsibility
• Effective time management skills
• Enhanced verbal and interpersonal communications skills. (English and Afrikaans)
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment
Details of the package on offer will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
Only candidates who meet the above minimum requirements will be considered. Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers