Applications are invited for the above-mentioned positions in the Quality Department , based at Adam Tas in Stellenbosch. The successful incumbents will report to the Quality Controllers.
Purpose of the Positions:
The intention is to give practical work experience to:
- Students who are in their final year of study and require exposure in a work environment and require practical work experience in order to obtain their qualification.
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a full-time 12 month contract commencing on the 1st of February 2020 and terminating on the 31 January 2021.
Key Learning Areas would include, but are not limited to :
- Quality Assurance (Intrinsic & extrinsic quality control, Quality Management Systems, etc.)
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- South African citizenship.
- Satisfactory academic record and in final year of obtaining relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. National Diploma in Food Technology; National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry; BSc Bio Technology, etc.).
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Sound communication and presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
- Willing and able to work extended hours.
- Reliable transport to and from place of work.
- Must be willing, able and committed to enter into and complete the 12 month internship programme.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of tertiary academic record (progress report)
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and format for evaluation
- Certified copies of Identity Document
- Certified copies of drivers licence (if applicable)
If interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply online.
Reference number: 16461 Closing Date: 12 December 2019
Job Segment: Manager, Quality Assurance, Management, Technology