Closing Date: 20 December 2019
Institution: Riversdale Clinic
(Garden Route District)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate cleaning experience.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) drivers licence.
- Physically able to lift/move heavy objects and supplies.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Relief in other facilities/mobiles when necessary.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of the correct methods of handling and disposal of refuse, waste products and adherence to policy and cleaning practices.
- Able to handle conflict and the ability to work under pressure.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provide clean, safe and hygienic environment (sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, mop, polish, refuse removal, cleaning of windows, light shades, walls, toilets, sluice, drains and clinic grounds).
- Effective and efficient utilisation and storage of cleaning material and equipment.
- Handling of waste.
- Attend in-service training appropriate to service delivery.
- Effective support to supervisor.
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (South Cape Forum 29/11/2019, PSVC 43/2019)
||The District Manager
Garden Route District Office
Private Bag X6592
(For For Attention: Ms S Pienaar