Skip to content
November 3, 2019
Murray & Roberts Is Hiring: Mechanical Foreman
Closing Date: 2019-11-06
Oversee and be responsible to assist the senior supervisor in all aspects of the job required.
- A recognized trade in the field of mechanical fitting with N3 or equivalent NQF level.
- Qualified artisan with 5 – 6 years or experience in the mechanical field.
- A great advantage would be to have had previous experience in supervision on similar work (Milling plant).
- Must be able to read erection/construction drawing fluently.
- Must be quality conscious and must have a good understanding of QIP’s and quality procedures.
- Experience with the using of the tools and measuring tools of the trade i.e. dumpy levels, micrometers, Theorolites etc.
- Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved
- This includes updating construction schedules and assisting with drawing up of construction schedules.
- Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
- Assist the Supervisor in running the site in a safe manner and within budget and on time.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and lead a team.
- Must report all deviations from the scope of work timeously in writing to the Supervisor
- Team player
- Be proactive
- Have sound judgment
- Logical, accurate and precise
- Honest and open personality
- Be willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Labour, Industrial and Human Relations
All appointments will be done in line with our employment equity strategy.
error: Content is protected !!