Closing Date: 2019/10/30
About Us As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities • Acknowledge the customer with a smiling face and remember that the customer always
comes first and always make our customers know that they are important and special to us.
Handle all customer questions and concerns.
- To ensure that stock in the resale area is correctly displayed and that fridges and shelves are
- Must ensure that the front of house area is clean.
- Counting money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct
and that there is adequate change, ensure that the counter around the tills is clean and ensure
that there is sufficient paper and ribbon in the printer.
- To ensure that the daily cash up and related paperwork is completed accurately and
completely according to the standard.
- Issue a receipt to the customer and return the appropriate change
- Any discrepancies must be accounted for and short falls will be deducted as per agreement.
- Must assist in the smooth running of the front of house.
- Must assist the front of house and back of house in running with orders.
- Assist anywhere possible when the store is quiet, including assisting in cleaning.
- Clean up the counter
- Prepares a Sales analysis on a daily basis.
- Must on close of shift, ensure that the Admin Assistant / Admin manager has been called to do
an end of shift cash-up for each till.
- Maintain all cash handling procedures
- Assist in implementation and enhancement of all controls in the unit, specifically in relation to
- Assist with stock-takes and the replenishment of stock at the unit
- Operate as part of a team
- Oversee and ensure float is correct
- Ensure own and surrounding areas remain clean / high hygiene standards
- Attend to any reasonable request by management.
- May be required to assist with any other duties that may be outside scope of responsibility
Skills and Competencies • Excellent people skills
- Enjoy clerical and administrative tasks.
- Must have confidence in handling money
- Must have excellent operational skills on all point of sale tills, and have the ability to control
- Be able to work quickly and accurately
- Accurate, with an eye for detail
- Friendly and helpful.
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team Player & Honest
- Good cash handling skills
- Strong client and customer service skills
Qualifications • Minimum Matric
- Minimum of 2 year cashier experience
- Plankomat Experience