Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Institution: Lutzville Clinic, Matzikama Sub-district (West Coast District)
Core Title: Administratiive Line Functions and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate experience in Reception, Records management and in an electronic patient registration system.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Willingness to rotate within Reception and Information Management.
- Willingness to help at satellite clinics as needed.
- Computer literacy (MS Word and Excel).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Handling and maintaining of a sound patient record keeping system.
- Archive and disposal of all patient records according to prescripts.
- Maintain a good and accurate filing system of all patient records.
- Capturing and record keeping of all patient data and clinical notes for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Co-ordination of all administrative duties within the Clinic.
- Provide effective support to supervisor and colleagues and effective utilisation of resources.
- Distribution of condoms to drop-off points.
- Transport of CDU to satellite clinics.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a practical test.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Ons Kotrei 25/10/2019, PSVC 38/2019)
||Manager: Medical Services, Vredendal Hospital
Private Bag X 21
(Attention: Ms ME Tangayi)