You will be responsible for the depreciation and AIS amortization forecast and budget process. You will also prepare quarterly asset tax schedules including the tax treatment of Government grants received and support the Tax Department with any asset related tax topics. You will review the fixed asset register on a monthly basis for tax compliance and report on exceptions identified. You will be involved in month-end and year-end closing and reporting related to fixed assets and ensure compliance with relevant IFRS. You will be responsible for reviewing the fixed asset register on a monthly basis and identify items requiring follow up (e.g. cost centre structure, asset locations, unusual transactions etc.) You will oversee the auction process of obsolete assets in terms of reconciliations of proceeds, invoicing and compliance with all legal requirements. You will manage certain sections of incentive scheme audits and claim preparations. You will steer the capital invest process for certain projects. You will assess complex situations and concur whether the expenditure should be classified as capex or overheads in terms of IFRS or other laws/regulations (e.g. Income Tax Act). You will prepare/review publications relevant to the department to ensure they are updated e.g. accounting and tax capitalization guideline, process manuals etc. You will also identify IT system enhancements and drive implementation thereof. You will identify key internal controls, perform regular testing of such controls and report on the findings.
Qualifications and Experience
You should have:
- CA (SA) and 2-3 years relevant financial/managerial accounting experience preferably in a SAP environment
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Experience with projects and invest controlling would be advantageous
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to analyse, understand and improve business processes
- Initiative and be self-driven
- Problem-solving skills.