Closing date: 16 October 2019
Applications are hereby invited from unemployed youth (between the ages 17 and 35) to undergo training in
bricklayer skills. The training will be over a period of 3 months, in two blocks, as follows: 1 November 2019 – 13
December 2019 and 13 January 2020 – 28 February 2020. Learners will receive a stipend of R108.90 per day.
Learners must reside within the Hessequa Municipal area and have at least a Grade 10 certificate in order to apply.
Unit standards covered in the skills programme: (Total number of credits: 70)
• Build masonry superstructures using concrete hollow units (Unit standard: 261663)
• Build masonry superstructures using solid units (Unit standard: 261659)
• Set out, excavate, cast concrete strip foundations and build foundation walling (Unit standard: 14662)
• Prepare for plastering (Unit standard: 9969)
• Verify compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements in the workplace (Unit standard: 259604)
• Plaster walls and screed a floor and steps (Unit standard: 10002)
Only correct and fully completed application forms will be considered. Completed applications, which include
copies of ID’s, must be forwarded to Hessequa Municipality, Human Resources, PO Box 29, Riversdale, 6670 or via
e-mail to applications@hessequa,gov,za. The Municipality encourage females to apply for this opportunity.
If you have not been contacted within 30 working days after the closing date of this advertisement, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. Curriculum Vitae’s will not be returned.
For further information contact Leslie-Anne Boer at 028 713 7975 or log on to the Municipal website at