Job Description & Summary
A career in our Assurance Support Operations practice, within Assurance Support services, will provide the opportunity to support our engagement teams and clients by providing advice and counsel on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. In joining, you’ll help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information among our consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of specific topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard setting initiatives. You’ll develop strong relationships with our engagement teams and established audit clients and enhance our ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment.
Our team focuses on helping the Human Resources team with recruitment and deployment, technical communications, policy and procedure development, and monitoring. You’ll be able to enhance PwC’s ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment, and our objective of achieving sustained audit quality over the long term.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of the project
- Prepare deliverables
- Preparation of monthly management accounts (to prepare VAT returns), final trial balances, financial statements and tax computations for a portfolio of clients, in order to meet client, SARS and any other deadlines.
- Manage their time through an electronic timekeeping system (time sheets), and be responsible for monitoring the costs on the client jobs assigned to him/her. On completion of each job, the candidate will be required to prepare cost analyses, bills.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensure you are adhering to compliance matters
- Work on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Able to gather all financial information required to prepare annual financial statements; drafting of year end journals; preparation of annual financial statements; compilation of tax computation and calculation of tax liability; and compilation of accounting working papers. The above are required for individuals, partnerships, close corporations, small companies and trusts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts on Pastel, including ability to reconcile bank and VAT control account to VAT return where necessary.
- Proficient at using Excel, Microsoft Word, email and Pastel
- Completion of VAT returns would be an advantage.
- Experience on Caseware would be an advantage.
- Experience with farmers and farming tax would be an advantage.
- An organised individual who is able to take responsibility for their portfolio with minimum supervision and multi task where necessary.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Minimum years experience required
- Minimum 1 – 3 years bookkeeping experience in a professional environment.
- Must have worked with a portfolio of clients, having been responsible for client correspondence (speaking directly to clients to obtain information etc) as well as correspondence with third parties (eg. Banks).
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Diploma – AccountingDegrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date