Closing Date: 1 November 2019
Institution: Riversdale Hospital (Garden Route District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate experience in a store’s environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) drivers’ licence.
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, speak and write in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, function independently and under pressure.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Deliver stock to wards, departments, theatres, clinics and administration building.
- Ensure issue vouchers are returned to relevant clerk to capture and file.
- Assist with receiving, packing, unpacking, uploading, offloading, storage and issuing of stock according to standards and assist with stock take and general duties.
- Assist clerk to capture receipts and issues on the LOGIS system as and when needed.
- Safe keeping of equipment and stock (consumables and inventory) in the stores and to keep the store neat, tidy and clean in order to comply with safety regulations and infection control policy.
- Assist to ensure effective Stock Control procedures are maintained, enforced and adhere to.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Suid-Kaap Forum 11/10/2019, PSVC 36/2019)
|Applications To||District Manager: Garden Route District Office
Private Bag X6592
(Attention Ms S Pienaar)