Information Technology (24 months-contract) (X2 Posts)
Reference Number: 3/1/5-19/52
Directorate: Information Technology
Stipend: R6747.75 per month
An appropriate National Diploma (NQF 6) or three (3) year Degree (NQF 7) in Information Technology or equivalent related qualification as recognized by SAQA, and an A+ and or MCSE will be an advantage. Some relevant IT experience which should be hands on experience in computer and peripheral support in a Microsoft Windows environment is desirable. A basic understanding of local area network configuration and setup. Knowledge of Apple Mac technologies will be an added advantage. The person is also expected to have good interpersonal skills, work well within a team and independently and have good problem solving, communications and troubleshooting skills. The successful candidate will provide general IT support, hardware and software, for all desktops, network equipment in GCIS. Setup and configure computers and printers on the network. Provide audio visual support for presentations and video conferencing in the auditorium, media room and boardrooms. Assist with the installation, testing and maintaining computer hardware and software. Work with the Helpdesk in providing IT support to all users in GCIS and maintain service levels for IT support calls.
Enquiries: Mr N Kunene Tel No: (012) 473 0227
- Applicants with disabilities are welcome to apply.
- Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment form (Z.83) [PDF] 31 kb. Please print and complete the form or obtain it from any Public Service department.
- The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document (certification stamp should not be older than three months).
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw this advertisement, to: The DG of Government Communication and Information System, Private Bag X745, Pretoria, 0001, or hand delivered to Tshedimosetso House, 1035 Frances Baard Street (corner Festival Street), Hatfield, Pretoria, for attention Mr S Matshageng.
Closing Date: 27 September 2019
Click Here For More Information